Hip-Replacement – Tips and Treatment
Hip-Replacement and Knee-Replacement Course
Are you considering having joint replacement surgery?
Would you like to know more about joint replacements?
Date: Check for the latest course dates
Time: 11am -12.30pm
Cost: Entry by Donation
to hear from an experienced orthopaedic nurse who will answer any questions you have. Information will cover a range of topics.
Why have a Hip-Replacement?
It is time to have a Hip-Replacement when:
- Your night pain has become too disruptive
- Your ability to put your socks on,
- You cannot walk the distances you want
- You are simply are losing enjoyment of life because of too much pain
Who to see regarding a Hip-Replacement
As a physiotherapist with expertise in analysing pain and movement I can help you in the earlier stages of hip osteoarthritis by:
- Reducing pain and improving your range of hip motion to help your daily activities.
- Increasing your range of hip movement to allow better leg swing during walking
- Reducing your limp
- teaching you strengthening, and core exercises for your hip and knee
- Helping you to modify your activities and gym programs to gain more effective strength
- Assist you with the choice of a walking aid if needed.
- Link you to the Arthritis and Diabetes Foundation for further information and education on osteoarthritis and pain management
- Communicate with your general practitioner about a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon for and MRI and an opinion.
- Advise you on the power of just 10% weight loss in reducing pain and disability.
- Educate you about pain management
Physiotherapy for knee and hip osteoarthritis pre or post Hip-Replacement
is available at In Touch Physiotherapy Subiaco.
Helen Potter FACP MAPA