Why Exercise? In Touch Tips
Exercise – improving mental and physical health – Five Facts
Exercise makes you feel better – but how and why?
- Our brains release the “happiness” hormone Endorphin during activity providing a joyful energetic buzz.
- Exercise improves clarity of thought and concentration and lessens chronic pain, anxiety, depression and stress
- When we indulge in physical activity regularly we feel positive and confident with more determination, dedication and self-discipline
- Confidence grows with improved fitness
- Improved fitness implies better muscle strength, endurance and cardiovascular health
(adapted from MigrainePal 2016 www.migrainepal.com/)
- The current level of moderate physical activity is for 30 minutes per day.
- This is less troublesome if you break it into three lots of ten minutes.
- Activity can include moderate paced walking, stair climbing, squatting regularly when hanging washing or gardening.
- Cleaning if your heart rate increases a little
- Carrying shopping to the car – ensure you spread the weight evenly and avoid neck or shoulder strain.