About Helen Potter – Professional – Social
Helen Potter – Professional
As a Specialist Physiotherapist, I have extensive educational achievements. My reputation is for innovation and excellence in diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal problems. I am passionate about empowering you to achieve your activity goals with less pain.
Helen Potter Education
During 2007 I achieved the title of Specialist Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, the highest level of Physiotherapy qualifications, via a rigorous examination process. This award acknowledged my qualifications, extensive clinical, teaching, research, and publication experience. I am honoured to be a Fellow of the Australian College of Physiotherapy.
Prior to this I gained a Bachelor of Physiotherapy Lincoln Institute Victoria (1978), a Graduate Diploma Manipulative Therapy WAIT Shenton Park WA (1985), and a Master of Science Curtin University of Technology WA (1995).
“Feel safe putting your body in the hands of a health professional with a reputation for excellence”
Helen Potter Professional Memberships
- FACP (Fellow of the Australian College of Physiotherapists)
- MPA (Member of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Assoc)
- APA (Member of Australian Physiotherapy Association)
My memberships guarantee you safe and effective health care and that I undertake continuing professional development. I abide by the APA Code of Conduct to ensure you receive the highest standards of professional and ethical care.
“You can trust an APA physiotherapist to have your goals and your care as priority”
Helen Potter Social Profile
A wide range of interests includes fitness, Cottesloe beach, and blogging for my dog KoKo. I am also a compulsive reader and avid photographer.
Photography exhibitions include- “We are Subi Dogs April 2012″, and” Views of Spain and Portugal 2015″. My latest exhibition was at the Moores Gallery in Fremantle November 18th to 25th 2016 in conjunction with 28 other photographers. Twenty seven of my photos were selected for a book – “Shoulder to Shoulder” covering 24 hours of photography of Perth (December 2016/January 2017), along with photos from other photographers.
KoKo, my Maltese Shih-Tzu dog, and I write a blog titled “www.KokosDogBlog.com”. This comments humorously on KoKo’s life and local Subiaco politics. We also visit Berrington Aged Care in Jolimont on Friday afternoons to give the residents a cuddle and laugh.
Each year I volunteer for the Perth Writers Festival, Sculptures by the Sea or PIAF. In 2015, I was senior physiotherapist for the PIAF Giants on their visit from France and provided Physiotherapy for the Oxfam 100km walkers. I am actively involved in the Subiaco Community having recently organised submissions to stop the destruction of trees in my street.
- 1984 Kellogg’s Postgraduate Scholarship
- 2007 City of Subiaco Photographic Award
- 2008a City of Subiaco Photographic Award
- 2008b Women in Business: Woman of the Month
- 2009 City of Fremantle Photographic Award Fremantle Community Calender
- 2015a Finalist Town of Mosman Park Photographic Competition
- 2015b Finalist City of Subiaco Photography Competition
- 2015c “Long List” of the Fremantle International Portrait prize
- 2016a One of my photos is in 2016 Federal Minister, Hon Julie Bishop MP Calendar
- 2016b Finalist City of Subiaco Photography Competition