During our consultations you can discuss your understanding of what is wrong, and clarify your goals. My aim is to reach an optimal outcome by working with you. At In Touch Physiotherapy, I tailor treatment to the source of your problem, taking into account your needs and lifestyle. My vision is for you to leave empowered with accurate information and the skills to continue your rehabilitation at home.
What to bring
As a "primary contact practitioner" I only require a doctor’s referral if your condition is related to Workers Compensation, Veterans Affairs or Medicare EPC. Please bring any X-RAYS you have to your initial consultation.
- Street parking is available in Churchill Ave
- Please wear loose and comfortable clothing, or a singlet top and shorts
- I respect that your time is valuable and attempt to run on schedule. I will notify you of a delay in when possible
- If you need to cancel, please do so as early as possible. This allows someone else to use your allocated time.
Insurance Claims Fees
If you have a motor vehicle insurance claim, you will need to pay me the full fee charged on the day, then claim a refund amount directly from ICWA. There is usually a “gap” between my fee and that rebated by the insurance company. Please ask me for further details before your consultation. Workers Compensation Fees are invoiced to your employer. You will still be responsible for the fees if they are not paid within three months. All clients with a compensation claim need to bring information related to injury, insurance and work.
- My fees are based on the Australian Physiotherapy Association [APA] recommendations. They take account of my advanced qualifications, extensive experience, the comprehensiveness of consultations, writing reports to your referrer or future practitioner, as well as clinic costs
- Fees are time-based and flexible. Shorter appointments with reduced fees available if finance is of concern.
- I accept payment by cheque, cash, debit, Visa and Mastercard
- HICAPS allows me to obtain your health fund rebate during your consultation, so you only need to pay the gap. Please note that Health Ancillary Funds refunds do not reflect current costs or charges.
- I recognise that sometimes life and health issues may cause you to cancel an appointment. Early notice may allow another client to take your appointment slot. However, if you miss an appointment twice, I will charge a non-arrival fee.
Brief Consultations and Discounted rates
15-20 minutes (for straightforward acute problems or simple treatment)
Subsequent Comprehensive Consultation
25-40 minutes (longer times allow you to ask more questions or to learn more self treatment skills)
Initial Comprehensive Consultation
30-60 minutes (A longer time is needed if you have several problems or you have seen many practitioners)
How many visits will I need?
- The number of consultations depends on the duration of your problem, its severity, your age, your response to the first treatment and your willingness to do exercises and make suggested lifestyle changes. Earlier treatment may optimise recovery
- Natural healing of acute injuries takes predictable times modified by severity
- My goal is to return you to improved pain free function as quickly as possible
- I expect significant improvement within three consultations, taking into account all contributing factors. If you are not improving as expected, I will re-analyse your problem and consider if other medical or treatment approaches may assist
- Persistent problems may need correction of a range of factors so resolution often takes longer.
"I look forward to relieving your pain, whatever your age,
fitness level or type of problem."
NEED AN APPOINTMENT?
* Street Parking outside clinic, plus Bus/Train, Cat Bus are within 10 minutes walk.
*Same day appointments / urgent home visits are available if required. 041996945
Your first appointment will last 25 to 55 minutes. The consultation should be a comfortable and rewarding experience as my clinic is private and friendly. You will not be rushed.
At the first consultation I will:
- Ask you to tell your story, relate relevant history, and discuss what you would like to gain
- Conduct a thorough examination to isolate injured structures, or to identify posture and movement patterns, that are contributing to your problem
- Alert you to any underlying pathology that requires medical assessment
- Explain my working diagnosis of your condition
- Commence “hands on” treatment and self-care advice
- Discuss a management plan and the possible frequency and duration of your treatment
These last about 25 minutes. You can arrange a longer consultation if you have several problems you would like treated at one visit (for a higher fee).
During our time I will:
- Ask bout any changes in your condition since my first treatment
- Re-evaluate your condition by performing a short physical assessment
- Progress my intervention and re-evaluate improvement
- Check and modify how you are managing postural corrections or exercises
- Demonstrate new exercises if appropriate
- Provide you with the opportunity to ask questions
Your goals and needs direct my treatment choice. With recurrent or ongoing problems, your understanding of your response to pain and activity are an important part of rehabilitation. We can discuss these aspects and use online and reading material to assist your knowledge.
Depending on the chronicity of your problem, self-care, posture and motor control retraining may help delay possible re-occurrence.
My follow-up system
My care for you continues after your need for “hands on” treatment stops. Three to six weeks following your last consultation I will contact you to ensure your improvement has lasted. This will also provide you with an opportunity to ask any further questions or concerns you may have.