Pain – in a nutshell
In Lorimer Moseley and David Butler propose:
- Pain is an unpleasant feeling felt somewhere in the body that urges us to protect that location.
- Pain is a protective mechanism. Other factors are: movement, immune response, thoughts, hormonal and autonomic responses.
- Pain is the only protective mechanism we are aware of and compels us to do something to protect the painful bit.
- Pain is modulated by any credible evidence that protection is warranted or not needed.
In Touch Tips: Pain Relief
Despite what others think, the pain you feel is real. If your goal is to have less pain and feel happier in life, you CAN do something.
- Increase your understanding
- Do things differently
- Think in a different way